Tuesday, May 29, 2007

...And Then There Was Ichi Ban...

While the rest of the female world searches and quests for the perfect pair of hotpants to go with those black, strappy, slingback stiletto heels they just found on sale that give their legs the power to melt the brains of all men, one woman searches for a tiny, meager little morsel of creative output inside herself that can also melt things, but mostly help people figure shit out. Sorta.
In a sticky, sweltering apartment in Brooklyn, on an unseasonably warm, early Summer night- Memorial Day weekend to be precise- she created this blog in response to her perspective on the bloggosphere and on urban & hip-hop culture in general.
Ichi Ban has been providing such information and "services" (aka, overblown opinions) for a little while now, mostly to friends and close associates she sees greatness and potential in and wants to see blow-up in the hip-hop community and beyond. Labeled as the "unpaid hype girl" for many, she admittedly strokes egos by socially representing said artists, friends, etc., for purely egotistical and selfish reasons. "I mainly do this because I'm a jerk," she explains, "I think I have the best taste in the world- especially in music- and everyone should like what I like." She also is a contributing writer for Beyond Race magazine, and takes-in little freelance jobs every now & then.

2 comments:

liz allium said...

hey! you're up to exciting things. I have been reading a large handful of blogs on here daily and my head is swelling with new ideas. it's good to see you on here. hi hi hi.

iconocraft said...

Hey miss Liz! I'm glad you got a chance to read this experimental piece of crap. I'm so glad to hear from you!