Thursday, May 31, 2007

Another Pair of Sneakers

My first article for Beyond Race Magazine was published in the Beyond Race blog yesterday, before the print issue is even released!
I have a small sneaker-fetish habit, and in order to keep it from destroying my life and my credit, I keep it under-wraps by using sneaks as rewards.

Me on the phone with my Editor: "You liked my piece?!...in the new issue?...word?!...I'm sorry, I actually have to run...No...I'm just kind of in the middle of..."
Shoe Sales Guy: "Excuse me Miss, did you want the sneaker cleaner with that too? And would you like me to ball-lace your dunks or street-lace them for you?"

On top of this dopeness for my feet and the next issue of Beyond Race, formerly of Chappelle's Show fame, Donnell Rawlings, Comedian Extraordinaire lays it down and tells it like it is on Beyond Race and bulldogs.

How many pairs of sneakers and trips to the NIKEiD store can I possibly finagle out of this?

No comments: